View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 12:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy Buckwheat - I appreciate your research

Buckwheat
I appreciate your research articles re: RSD. I know you are trying hard to get a handle on the cause and "treatment/cure" for this horrid condition. I too am very interested in research. I am a retired professional who was very much involved with research in my position.
I have both RSD and FM. thus far no meds have helped and I have full body Fibromyalgia (ankles, knees, face, back - you name it and I have it there). I also have RSD in hand, wrist, arm, back. It is hard to sort out what is RSD and what is FM. However, I have no swelling or color changes and no loss of srength in my limbs. Unfortunately, I am almost wheelchair bound as it is getting worse all the time. Soles of feet are now killing me.(I was on my feet too long one day) I can do no housework, gardening,etc. I can barely live through each day with the pain.
I read this board daily to find research (like yours) and see what treatments people are using. I cannot have any invasive treatments (blocks,etc.) and was turned down for ketamine due to that as well as having it so long.
Thanks for your research articles. By the way - where did you get all that info about that RSDconference. Did you attend the conference? If you have other similar info please let me know.
I take no pain meds as nothing works so I am desperate for any new research treatments or meds I can find.
thanks for the info.
Sydney
Sydney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote