View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 08:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi deja knafel,

Welcome to the forum! The first thing I want to tell you is do not eat or drink grapefruit while taking trileptal because the enzymes in the fruit can mess up the trileptal causing you to have a seizure. Stay away from all drugs unless they are perscription meds to control your seizures, it's been proven that drug and alcohol abuse can cause epilepsy because the drugs and alcohol can destroy the brain cells and in time leaving scar tissue on the brain. I've had epilepsy for 37 yrs. and I had surgery twice to help reduce the seizures. As far as the white spots you are seeing that could possibly be either scar tissue or brain damage from the drugs.
What you need to do is start keeping a journal of all your seizures get a calendar and write down what time you have any seizures along with a discription of the seizure. Also stay away from anything with nutra sweet (aspartame) in it because it's been proven that nutra sweet causes more electrical activity in the brain which can lead to seizures for some people. By keeping a calendar of your seizures the neurologist or Epileptologist you see might be able to see a pattern in your seizures as to what days of the month or what time the seizures might happen. Also take note if there's a low pressure with the weather when have any seizures it's been proven that a low pressure can sometimes trigger seizures for some people. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote