Thread: neurofeedback
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 08:34 AM
mhr4

mhr4

Hello Concussed Scientist,

I rather like that name since I was a scientist myself a few years back. Regarding the differences between the pROSHI and LENS, well I could be typing all day to tell you that. However, I'll give you a very quick and simplified version on the differnces.

The LENS is an advanced form of feedback that introduces a small magnetic current into your brain -about the strength of your wristwatch. It finds the frequency that you are good at producing and introduces that frequency into your brain - usually it is the alpha frequency. For reasons I don't understand because I don't have a math or physics background, your brain begins to change and the EEG normalizes. The LENS is probably the best neurofeedback device to treat brain injuries. If I had a practioner in my area, I would definitely spend the money to go there. Also, it requires a lot fewer sessions, so you save some money as well. Make sure your practioner has a lot of experience though, this is very complicated technology. http://www.ochslabs.com.

The pROSHI is also considered an advanced form of neurofeedback, and is considered one of the best therapy techniques for brain injuries as well. You simply put on photo stim glasses that introduce different frequencies into the brain and the brain attempts to lock on one of the frequencies. It can't, so it then goes into a restful state. Again, this is an over simplified version of what really happens. It is called dissentrainment. I have one of these and I like it because it is very convenient to use. I can use it wherever I am. So, if I have a decompensation episode, I can pull it out, use it for about 30 minutes, and I'm right as rain. The only caveat is that it does take your brain a long time to lock in the changes. So, you may have to use it for a year or two before your brain does finally lock in the changes. However, until then, the changes usually last for about 15-20 hours. The pROSHI has also been proven to normalize EEG from QEEG tests that were taken while it was being used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concussed Scientist View Post
Hi,

Yes, I would be very interested if you could email your results to me. You can attach it to an email in neurotalk.

I am thinking of having a course of neurotherapy treatment called LENS, which uses a neurifeedback device (invented by someone called, "Len", conincidentally - It stands for Low Energy Neurofeedback System)

Does anyone know how PROSHI and LENS work and what are the similarities and differences between them?

Concussed Scientist
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote