Old 01-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

All I can tell you is this.

Alan has had every test known to man.
His circulation is fine.
He does not have peripheral vascular disease.
His PN is NOT auto-immune.
He just went on lyrica so that might account for the fluid retention in his foot and fingers.

Don't know tht much about homeopathic doctors but he does go to Dr. Theirl who is a chiropractic./neurologist who literally saved his life 4 years ago, changed his eating habits, got him off the fentanyl pain patch and got him to exercise.

After getting the stent in January, Alan did the cardio rehab thing and now you couldn't drag him away from the gym. His doctor is his gym buddy by the way. They usually see each other there all the time as well as when Alan goes for his check-ups.

Alan just got the results of all his blood tests last week. All is negative.
So on the 22nd we go back to the PN department at Methodist to see Dr. Goldfarb. She's the one who prescribed the lyrica.

If by thursday, and we go see Dr. Baird (his podiatrist) and Dr. Baird says his foot is still swollen, I'll have Dr. Baird, give Dr. Fred a call.

I think all these docs should work in unison. At least I know that Dr. Fred and Dr. Goldfarb will work together for Alan.

It's great when all the docs like each other, like the patient (and especially, when they like the patient's wife). That helps a lot.

Alan adores Dr. Fred. He might not like me sometimes but whatever Dr. Fred says, GOES.. as far as Alan is concerned.

So we shall be keeping a closer watch on that foot. It did go down measurably since last night.

I know Alan, if he finds out that the lyrica is doing this, he'll say "take me off this thing", it's not worth it. I mean, if it was a miracle drug, than that would be different but it just take the edge off of the pn.

So be well.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote