View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 01:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacylena View Post
I was diagnosed with Arnold Chiari 1 with syringomyelia 7 years ago and underwent decompression surgery. Since then many of my symptoms lessened but have still persisted (numbness and temperature control mainly) which they said would be normal. I am wondering if a persistent runny nose can be related to this syndrome. I have for years had a runny nose which has been intermitten. Maybe bother for a few days and then clear up, back and forth. For the past few months it seems to be almost non stop. The only thing I have been treated for is allergies (dust mites) with allegra and the like. None have given much relief. Does anyone have any input on my question. As with most of you, my insurance covers very little until I have spent thousands, and I'm not willing to spend the money on a runny nose unless I think it is related to a more serious condition. Thanks for your input.
I have heard that it can be from Chiari I. The Chiari One website has sinus problems in their symptoms list. They have the most complete symptoms list I have seen. Just type Chiari One as one word. It is a .org
Kim030927 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote