View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 01:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindamae View Post
I have a SI dysfunction and I can't handle the pain anymore. I was at the point of thinking maybe SI fusion is what I want to do. But after reading your entries I don't know what to do. I have no life or hope. Help me I am so discouraged. lindamae
Gosh do I understand how you feel.A lot of people have had better success than I did. Its a year now since the 2nd attempt and I am still on long acting opiates and probably always will. You should make your decision after having speaking to a surgeon who SPECIALIZES in this. Most are very discouraged by the results yet I met a woman older than mself (I'm 51) who has done very well. It is a very hard recovery. I have to admit I am starting to feel somewhat better as my doctor is getting more aggressive with pain management. I work part time 6 and a half hours a day and have actually made 3 full weeks in a row. I've also had a lot of setbacks. I probably had a mild stroke while under anesthesia so I fell quite a few times, 6 weeks postop I totaled my car (shouldn't have been driving), now I'm dealing with a GI bleed due to Ibuprofen which is why I think they are pushing the pain meds. Right after the surgery I lost my beloved pet and the stress of the years of pain really has taken a toll on my marriage. I may have done better if he understood more and was more supportive. You will really need some to care for you for about a month almost full time. This is notone of those surgeries here the sooner you get up and walk the better. In fact, its quite the opposite. I am starting to get up but I will never be the same. Don't give up. Talk to a qualified surgeon, maybe two. DON'T GIVE UP!!!! Write to me anytime (my e-mail is eynon@musc.edu) I sure could have used a support person and I would be glad to be yours.
SallyE5756 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote