View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 02:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Support search: Obsessive Compulsive Disorders

I have OCD and anxiety. I have had considerable trouble finding a support gp and the appropriate help in the Las Vegas area. I also need some one to talk with.

My husband has a traumatic brain injury Jan 07 and has mood swings; and I am his caregiver.

I also have suffered from sleep deprivation for 4 1/2 mos being on 24/7 call with a terminally ill cat (was up every 2 hrs). I have since abt 2 wks ago relinquished his care which has has helped many of my symptoms.

However, my stress level in the past 5 months has elevated to the point where OCD has taken over some ability for daily functioning. Due to tension bt us I find it very difficult to touch anything my husband touches altho I have begun to force myself and that does help ultimately not to give in to the urges which become worse when one does give into them. (He is at the moment supportive; however still subject to mood swings and very sensitive within that scope).

I went for "intensive" outpatient therapy which turned out not to be not at all as promised, esp for help w/OCD which they were not equipped for at all as initially indicated. Had a bad experience there and do not want to return. Had a panic attack the first day there because of sleep deprivation which they did not recognize; their gp therapy consists mostly of games while administrators tried to organize themselves. Best they could do was refer me on to possible help which takes a lot of TIME for an appt with many unknown factors.

I have done most of their work for them by telling myself things won't hurt me that did not hurt me before, and touching things anyway.

I can not find an OCD Anonymous in the area; I thought there was one. Anxiety support groups also would be helpful.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Last edited by NAM1; 08-12-2009 at 05:48 PM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (08-16-2009)