View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 03:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default holistic PD care

Laura Marsh, psychiatrist at Johns Hopkins, has long defined PD as a neuropsychiatric disorder; Bill Langston is a visionary; both are great champions for the patient.

There are 3 holistic PD clinics in the US that provide full spectrum patient care: Booth Gardner Center in Kirkland, WA; the Strothers Clinic in Minnesota; and the clinic run by Alex Dirocco in NYC. The addition of what is going on at Maryland is new to me - thanks, Laura - I'll check it out - must be due to the recent Sergey Brin endowment, do you know?

Anywho, there's lots of innovative stuff going on in PD care around the country - it may be necessary for patients to connect the dots. My doctor at Booth Gardner is always looking for ways to spread the word! Doing my part, here is her article in the Summer '07 PDF newsletter on Implementing the Team Approach to PD, and how to build your own team in case you aren't lucky enough to live near one of these clinics (it's on page 4) http://www.pdf.org/pdf/PDF_Summer_News_07.pdf

“Cautious, careful people, always casting about to preserve their reputation and social standing, never can bring about a reform. Those who are really in earnest must be willing to be anything or nothing in the world’s estimation, and publicly and privately, in season and out, avow their sympathy with despised and persecuted ideas and their advocates, and bear the consequences.” — Susan B. Anthony
indigogo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote