View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi wave and squared . I see your both new to posting here and I wanna welcome you both to a great place. Neuro Talk is an excellent way to find support, info, and connect with other who have the same issues... make friends...

I was wondering if Gamma knife is the only option your doc is offering you? what about Nerve block injection or anything like that???
I have never had Gamma as it was not an option for me. nor M.V.D. ...etc...
I have a P.E.N.S. ( nerve stimulator ) implanted for my facial pain which is T.N. and A.D.
It works great I do not have to take any meds for pain any longer and it has given my quiet a bit of control over the pain monster. I am not pain free but compared to the way I was I can bare ,live with it allot better now.
I have heard some good things from others who have had Gamma knife done .I think there are a few posts here about it..
I agree fully as Squared commented talking with a radiation oncologist and getting as much info as you can is the best thing anyone can do . Then you can decided what to do and what feels right what you think is right for you.
A low pain rest of week to both of you
PEACE
BMW
Burntmarshmallow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nik-key (08-21-2009)