View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

He's really not dumb, he's actually a very smart doctor. He didn't make a final decision just yet and said he wants all the testing done first. If she did have a stroke he has a load of other testing to do on her before he will say one way or the other. Right now in his medical opinion, she is OK to live alone and said he sees no reason for her to pull up stakes. This information just came from my sister and mom.

It's really us making the big stink about her living on her own. I think I need to step back and stop trying to be the "caregiver' all the time. It's in my nature to want to take over, she's sick, it's my mom. But, I am doing my best to wait for all the tests to come in. That's what mom has asked of me and I promised her I would respect her wishes.

She does seem better as each day progresses. She isn't any good once the sun goes down. I teased her she is the opposite of vampires. She knows she has a hard time with some things. Maybe if it turns out she had a stroke they can get her into occupational therapy to help teach her how to do certain things at home to make life a little easier. Plus, she is under lease at her apartment until July next year. The only way out of the lease is by her doctor saying she cannot live alone.

Patience is not one of my strong points but I am working on it.
Darlene (08-13-2009), tamiloo (08-12-2009), who moi (08-16-2009)