View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 06:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntmarshmallow View Post
Hi wave and squared . I see your both new to posting here and I wanna welcome you both to a great place. Neuro Talk is an excellent way to find support, info, and connect with other who have the same issues... make friends...

I was wondering if Gamma knife is the only option your doc is offering you? what about Nerve block injection or anything like that???
I have never had Gamma as it was not an option for me. nor M.V.D. ...etc...
I have a P.E.N.S. ( nerve stimulator ) implanted for my facial pain which is T.N. and A.D.
It works great I do not have to take any meds for pain any longer and it has given my quiet a bit of control over the pain monster. I am not pain free but compared to the way I was I can bare ,live with it allot better now.
I have heard some good things from others who have had Gamma knife done .I think there are a few posts here about it..
I agree fully as Squared commented talking with a radiation oncologist and getting as much info as you can is the best thing anyone can do . Then you can decided what to do and what feels right what you think is right for you.
A low pain rest of week to both of you
PEACE
BMW
Hi Marshmallow,

I actually have been considering other procedures as well if medicine and/or time doesn't heal this thing. My pain happened within a year after I had elective removal of amalgams and a refilling with composites in two molars. MVD would not be an option for me. The pain is not classic TN but more neuropathic pain, variable throbbing/aching type quality, not electric or sharp. Fairly localized. Can you tell me about the PENS and how that works? What is the procedure? What other procedures did you try? What kind of pain you have? Thanks! Alex
wavegeek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (08-14-2009), Nik-key (08-21-2009)