View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 10:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
Here, try this one!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjmD9rUUFSU

then look to the right and you'll see ALL my youtube videos.

And I just had to sign up, pick a user ID, a password, and that's it.

I have a webcam. I just plop down my sprouts in front of my computer, hold the webcam in my right hand, I aim it at whatever I want to record, (sometimes it's Alan who is in my kitchen, so I just aim the webcam into my kitchen (you'll see Alan eating my first sugar free apple pie).

so give it another shot.

And you milk cows?? amazing. You ask if I eat corn. I USED TO LOVE CORN, but I'm diabetic, so I don't go near ANY starches whatsoever.

I've got much better sugar readings since I eat the way I eat.

No meat for almost 20 years. I grow my own sprouts, (and you are absolutely right, I WOULD LOVE A FARMER'S MARKET).

And I had to laugh when you wrote about your composting.

You have to hear what I did to Alan the other day.

I was looking at my Garden's Alive catalogue and they sell all kinds of composting bins, (as well as WORMS).

So I'm in another room, Alan is on the computer, and I carefully say "Alan, I'm thinking of buying a compost bin" (he has no clue what this is).

He says 'oh, okay, if it has anything to do with your sprouts, have a god time".

I said "But we have to buy the worms too, and they have ALL SORTS OF WORMS, THEY EVEN HAVE FREEZE DRIED WORMS, but you need the live ones for the compost".

I hear a dead silence, he comes over to me and says:

"what did you just say??"

I look at him with this innocent look on my face and I said "well, if you want to really go green, and not do the planet any arm, then you have to compost".

He said "What exactly is that"? I showed him the catalogue and then I showed him the pages with the worms.

WELL!!! You never saw a man go completely mad in someone's kitchen.

I wish I had taken my webcam so you could have seen his first reaction.

He then put his finger in my face and said "If you bring a worm in this house, I'll, I'll, and he goes all red in the face".

I burst out laughing and said "Alan, this is me, ME!!!, Do you honestly think I would have something with worms in my kitchen".

You should have seen the sigh of relief that came over him.

This reminds me of about 15 years ago when I wanted to get a pet hamster for my son. My husband wanted NO PETS in the house.

So he was away at his office and I phoned him and I said "well, we have a new guest in this house". He said "Oh my god, what did you buy, did you get that hampster?"

I said "oh, no, something much better, much more instructional for our son, to learn all about how to care for an animal"

I said 'We got Iggy"

Alan said "What on earth is an Iggy?"

I said "he's in our bathtub right now". Again, he said "We have an Iggy in our bathroom?"

I said "He's 3 feet long, and I have him on a leash, he won't take up much room but when we bathe we have to put him in the kitchen".

He must have been staring down at the phone saying "What is this woman talking about?"

I said "We have a 3 foot iguana in our tub".

He was gulping and gulping and I could hear his voice catching, and then I said:

"Gotcha".

The next day I had my hampster.

You gotta love what I do to this man.

lol

Melody
What a hoot!!!!!!!!!

Hubby says he don't want to eat no spouts. He's a beans a tater - got to feed him meat kind a guy.

He said he put some of them things on his salad and ruined his salad.

Any suggestions?

Any beer flavored sprouts?

(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
braingonebad (08-13-2009)