View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 12:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Update

Well I went GF from about 2 weeks and found out how hard it is to do. I’m a male who cannot cook anything so all I was eating was rice and potatoes. The day I quit the GF diet was the day when I went on an extremely demanding hike that took 12 hours and covered 18 miles. I needed complex carbo’s and didn’t plan well enough nor knew enough to come up with alternatives to whole wheat spaghetti for the night before the hick, power bars etc during the hike. Everyone wanted to stop for pizza on the way as well. I realized that if I’m going to committee all the way to this way of life then I want the test. Complex carbo’s are a big part of my life and it’s really difficult for me as a male that can’t cook nor make food to come up with a food plan. So for now I’m back on gluten but I have a physical in November and will ask for the test. I also thought I needed to be eating gluten for the blood test to be accurate but I have now read up a bit and found out that a stool sample can be taken while on a GF diet, correct?

Thanks for all your help guys!