View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 05:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djvallejo View Post
I too am on Mestinon which helps some and have also elected not to take pred (unless it gets real bad) I am checking on something called cellcept but on the Natural Healing bandwagon. Found this interesting article you may want to read

Couldn't post the the link in this response but you can google - Walter Last and Myasthenia and it will come up titled - MYASTHENIA GRAVIS - A Holistic Therapy - By Walter Last

Has the vitamins helped you with symptons? I read manganese (not magnesium) is a good one. Check out the article it details all but no info on dosages Let me know what you think.
Thanks for the address. My eyes aren't too good today so I only made it half way through the article, but it sure is interesting. It makes me wonder why if just taking a selection of supplements put people in remission more doctors wouldn't try that route first. I'm sure the drug companies would be opposed to it for obvious reasons. Also, what doctors fear most after a thymectomy is that some may have been missed, but he states that would be a good thing. I'm looking forward to finishing it tomorrow. As far as me feeling better by taking a multi vitamin, I can't say for sure. I started taking them about a year after my thymectomy in 02 and I saw small improvements over the next 3 years along with taking mestinon (when I'm able to tolorate the side effects) so I'm not sure how much they help. I know I don't get all that I need from food, so I think it's a good alternative and they agree with me. As far as the Cellcept, a lot of people here take it and can answer any questions you may have. Good luck and let me know how you make out with your appt. Thanks again. Take care.

Hugs,
Pat
Pat 110 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote