View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 05:36 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Djvallejo, Hi. I can't give you any medical advice, only your doctor can do that.

I can tell you that I do everything I can to keep my body and immune system "settled down" and happy. I stay out of the sun/heat, I sleep as well as I can, eat whole foods, take sensible supplements like vitamin D, keep stress out of my life as much as possible, etc. What Mr. Last is talking about is not really new. It's important to have a healthy GI tract, including enough stomach acid, good probiotics, etc. Did you know that steak takes a very long time to digest and sits in the GI tract and peutrifies? I know, not a lovely word.

Prednisone is a difficult choice for anyone to make. The long term complications of it can be numerous and impact your health in adverse ways you may not even know about yet. I have known patients with lupus who have had no choice but to have it.

Anyone who tells you that "alternative medicine" is a substitute for "traditional medicine" may be trying to sell you something. It's when you use sensible bits of both worlds, in consult with your doctors, that they can have the best impact on your life.

And even foods can be bad for certain people. Too much potassium is not good and some people need to take more than average. I think it's best to talk to your doctors about what you find out and come to some kind of sensible solution that fits your individual needs.

I hope you can figure out what is right for you and feel as good as possible.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
djvallejo (08-13-2009)