Thread: Brianna
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 07:53 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi ThomasJ,

The piece of root tip may be very small and not yet visible on an xray. There is nothing to panic over and you could just wait it out. If you develop symptoms of a sinus infection or unusual pain for no other apparent reason in your sinuses or in the area above where that tooth was removed then go back to the dentist for another xray. Otherwise, go to the dentist in about 3 months for an xray to see if the root is visible. Sometimes what happens is the piece of root will start to work it's way down on it's own and other times it just stays where it is. If nothing is seen in 3 months, then have another xray done in one year to see what's going on, if anything.

Please don't worry.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
I had one upper left tooth removed(14)?. The dentist told me the Tooth broke and the Root slipped into my sinus cavity. She took 2 x-rays and couldnt see the root. She then sent me to a Oral Surgeon. He took 1 x-ray and also couldnt see it!! Is it possible for the x-ray not to show it? I'm a nervous wreck!!! What should I do now? Thank you
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote