View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 08:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Angry

OMG Sunny, this is terrible - and oh-so frustrating!!! No, I don't think you're over reacting.

I have a couple of comments (note: I am not a Dr):

1) "I was able to land a short contract job a few weeks later."

having TOS is a serious condition. I don't know what this job required of you physically, but even computer work is 'repetitive stress' on your already compromised arms. Post op... you should be giving yourself at least 6 months or more before trying to go back to work (I've had the pec minor release, so I understand what your body is feeling).

2) "I had developed severe migraines in an area that I never had headaches before, felt fatgued, and just poorly in general...."

Migraines go along with the TOS and if you are still doing repetitive arm use, it can cause the migraines because the nerves involved in the thoracic outlet are ******!

3) "A few more months go by, and I get more symptoms. I notice the pain from the neuropathy is considerably worse just before and during that time of the month."

Your leg neuropathy, along with 'time of the month'... have you had a full spine CT or x-ray? This sounds like a disc or vertabre problem. Additional swelling from time of the month can make it worse? Just a guess

4) "I have insomnia, short periods of nausea, problems with my vision, problems with memory and congnition, persistent sore throat, and depression."

I have all this too. the irritated nerves (long thoracic, etc) may be the ones controlling autonomic things like throwing up (nausea), breathing, etc. These irritations can be waking you up at night (insomnia).

Also, peri-menopause can cause insomnia too. we always have to look at the possibility of dual diagnoses.

Personally, I think your GP is overwhelmed with you and obviously does not want to admit that you have a condition he has NO CLUE on how to handle. So he has let you go - with no referral to another GP?!?! What a loser.

I heard on the news about the Hep-C scare in Denver. If I were you, I'd ask the Dr you saw for surgeries to select a GP for you where you live. That way the surgeon can brief the new GP - it always helps for Dr's to talk to Dr's. They keep each other in check.

Sweetie, you also need to be mentally prepared for the possibility that you may have to stop work. Depression and chronic pain go hand-in-hand. Please see if you have any county mental health services that work on a sliding scale fee.

If i think of more stuff, I'll add it. My hands are spent now.

Anne

"It is what it is."

Last edited by astern; 08-14-2009 at 09:14 AM. Reason: typo
astern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (08-14-2009), billy027 (08-14-2009), Jomar (08-14-2009), LinJane (08-23-2009), sunnydee (08-14-2009)