Thread: Lupus??
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 09:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanmarie63 View Post
Years ago before giving me the MG Dx the Dr thought I had lupus but then said I didn't. I too have hair loss but we believe it is because of my thyroid {have underactive thyroid} I am now taking thyroid meds and the hair loss is getting better, still have hair coming out but nothing like before. Have you had your thyroid checked lately? The problem with us is that we all seem to get more and more symptoms and feel the Drs think we are "full" of it. I am at the point where I just don't say anything anymore because I am afraid the Dr might start the old "it's in your head" deal again LOL
Thank you for your response. I did have a thyroid panel. My antibodies were high, but everything else was normal. She said it could be my thyroid and we will recheck, but she said it could also be because of the positive ANA. Again, she referred me to the Rheumatologist. She tried to assure me that the Rheum. could sort it out. I just want to feel normal and have my hair stop falling out. Again, thank you for responding and listening to me vent.

Best regards
Pepe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote