Thread: Lupus??
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 02:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi Pepe

I have had similar happenings to what you're talking about. I was diagnosed with MG in 2006, have been on large does of synthroid (.175) for low thyroid for quite some time and had a positive ANA test. I had been seeing a rheumatologist for possible lupus in addition to my neuro for MG. I'm embarrassed to say I haven't been back to him in over a year because I didn't think very much of him. One visit he would say that he thinks I have lupus and another visit that he didn't think I did and next time back to lupus. I got frustrated and stopped going. From what I understand, Lupus is difficult to diagnosis. It's not just about reading lab work. My general practice doctor (who is fantastic!) told me that rheumatologists tended to be "numbers" people and more black and white. (I apologize if that offends anyone).

Anyway, I don't think it's an easy answer, so hang in there. I also have the thin hair thing going on and very little body hair. I have had some problems with the redness/rash on cheeks.

Take care,

Sharman
SharS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote