Thread: Lupus??
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 09:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Hi Dorothy!

Hey hon! No problem! I can totally relate! I was always so proud of being thin, and now I look like a beached whale! I don't like pictures taken of me b/c I get so depressed. Apparently in my family, men can gain weight - no big deal - but if women gain weight, it's the end of the world!

I USED to be small (0-4) but am now a 10-14 and it is so depressing. I got rid of all of my skinny clothes b/c they were just taking up space in my closet. Granted, I will take being bigger ANYDAY over not being able to swallow, but I wonder why it has to be a toss-up?

My hubby has been GREAT! He tells me all the time how beautiful I am but others aren't quite so kind.

The lack of control due to MG drives me crazy as well! For a type A personality like me, it is horrific, but I have learned to stop and smell the roses.....

Take care!
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
Erin,

Hi! Thanks for your response and also for the suggestion for the hair loss! I will definitely try it. I'm sure you can relate, since being diagnosed with MG (2years) I feel like I have no control over my body and I used to be VERY active. One of the things I have always been blessed with is great hair, not to sound to full of myself. I have terrible nails. Anyway, seeing my hair fall out in clumps and realizing my pony tail is half the size it used to be is so stressful. I am trying Biotin, but just started and realize it will take several months. Sorry to ramble, but having MG we all have a common bond. Thanks SO much for your help. I am very glad that your Lupus scare was negative. Dorothy