View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 10:51 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default it's not about me or you

Laura, a much greater definition of pd is now pretty much accepted, there is no one pd, there are multiple hit triggers; genes have been damaged by toxins, and then mutations passed on. The virus isn't new- it's long been suspected that is why teachers have a high number of pd cases - exposed to so much sickness.

anything that throws off the immune system, which then can work against us, might be a potential cause, with inflammation always being noted in pd and other illnesses. inflammation is an immune response right?

and tena, in case you are reading, i do have a reoccurring fungus that looks a little like ringworm but it isn't. it's just a circle of skin breakdown (small), and it has been reoccurring for 30? years. i don't even bother treating it, it goes away on its own. doctor says it's an immune thing.

i could go into how this all fits my belief in some fascinating biblical concepts, but don't think the forum does well on the topic. it all ties in so wel tho. maybe someday, we can all give up ownership of certain issues,[nobody owns anything really on this earth - it's just temporary. downsizing myself to only what i need in possessions was the best thing i could do. status? i blow my own relationships intentionally it seems tho i don't mean to and don't understand why] anyway no ownership of issues...obama is my president too and i don't agree with what he is doing . so let's talk and end up with real hope and no judgement. hate ruins everything..it's evil. political tension and religious tension keep us on edge and criticaL. The productive thing to do would be to attempt to understand, but it just isn't happening.

talk about deep issues that stand the test of time because they are so simple. and they involve free thinking, open mind, and purging of what is making you unhappy by just understanding each other without condemnation. this is healing......that's my point....the instructions are written down for us. so we truly are ignoring with almost stubbornness a spiritual possibiity for living with this illness with contentment till the end....even to push it back. the placebo effect is practically taunting uswith the possibilities of what we can accept if we let go of our own stubbornness to do it our own way. ok enough, i get filled with the peace it brings, not trying to offend, just sharing it. i tried not to mention names of any particular religion. just the healing that is needed for anything to work in this world right now. we are doomed with the hatred that is present now and we will score a big fat 0 in worth keeping alive

cures are not at the top of our country's empty budget and they certainly are not at the core of what drives a bio tech.

i'll save my'we are all adams and eves'story for another night ....ho ho. but i hardly own these ideas and names just get us into trouble. i think the concepts could help us all by just making us aware of what the power of a spirit of serving and caring can do for the ill.

in my world, there isn't much else.

peace,
paula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conductor71 View Post
Rick,

This is all really fascinating, but I am confused. We're saying that neurodegenerative diseases like PD and Alzheimer's may start due to a viral infection entering our system through the intestines or nasal cavity? With the intestine to brain connection, I automatically think of autism as it is one of the leading theories in that disorder (I think).

In the example you cite, it would seem that the virus in and of itself can cause Parkinsonism. So do environmental toxins and/or genetics no longer play a role? Or, is the virus a singular causative for only some of us? Also, does this mean that the virus can be redressed somehow halting disease progression? These are just a few questions that come to mind...

Laura

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote