Thread: Lupus??
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 10:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hey Annie

I completely agree with you on all points...i feel pretty certain from all the things I've read on the net (thanks for the link, btw), that the positive dsdna test is a good indicator that I've got Lupus...I even told my rheumy this...I think he agrees with me, but because my arthritis is so mild (relatively speaking, doesn't 'feel' mild) he hasn't wanted to prescribe anything for it nor put a label on it as he thinks it'll scare me...Also, the fact that the ANA test was only positive using the ELISA method also makes him suspicious...There was even a time when I had the butterfly rash...It only lasted a couple of nights, though, so I couldn't 'prove' it to him...I've even taken photos of my fingers when they've been swollen, but it doesn't slide...Lately, my joints have been much better...Not sure if it's the prednisone, or thymothymectomy, or luck...but they've been much better...I've also had a rash on my arms and legs since I was very young, and that's gone away too...My skin's pretty pale look but my complexion isn't as 'ruddy.'

About the thyroid antibodies, I know that some time down the road my thyroid will become either over or underactive, just a matter of how long it'll take for the damage to occur...My mom and aunt both have hashimotos...

I actually picked up a pamphlet while I was in the hospital to refresh me on Lupus...I think that I WILL contact an organization...

In the mean time, I think that I will definately take your advice re. the stomach acid (infections thread)...I'm taking acidopholous and eating lots of plain yoghurt, but I agree that in the acid depot., there's a problem...Maybe that'll help with this autoantibodies/lack of antibodies problem!

Thanks a lot, Annie!
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote