Thread: Lupus??
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 08:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinhermes View Post
Hey hon! No problem! I can totally relate! I was always so proud of being thin, and now I look like a beached whale! I don't like pictures taken of me b/c I get so depressed. Apparently in my family, men can gain weight - no big deal - but if women gain weight, it's the end of the world!

I USED to be small (0-4) but am now a 10-14 and it is so depressing. I got rid of all of my skinny clothes b/c they were just taking up space in my closet. Granted, I will take being bigger ANYDAY over not being able to swallow, but I wonder why it has to be a toss-up?

My hubby has been GREAT! He tells me all the time how beautiful I am but others aren't quite so kind.

The lack of control due to MG drives me crazy as well! For a type A personality like me, it is horrific, but I have learned to stop and smell the roses.....

Take care!
Erin
Erin:

Sounds like you have a wonderful husband and really that's all that matters. Not what all those other people say. I was on prednisone and gained 20lbs as soon as I stopped the prednisone the weight started to come off. It took a few months but it eventually all came off. I too am a type A personality, so I can also relate. Thanks, Erin.
Dorothy
Pepe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote