View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 10:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default passing through same problem

Hi

I am facing similar problem of my mother's FTD.
She has lost speaching abiliy and many more things as u understand the of having the same exp.

Could you please guide me if something out of the box available or u want any more information.

Kindly contact me on ** with sub FTD.

Waiting for ur reply
Aditya

Question#3o you know of a scientist or a researcher who thinks "outside of the box" and believes that I could get my mother's Frontal Temporal Dementia to reverse itself? She is in very good health, chews her food well and besides losing all speech except for holding notes like a singer and laughing when engaged by me or hears loud noises or watches Lawrence Welk's dancers/drives in car and laughs, is still aware of her surroundings and knows me and my father (we're with her 24/7). My mother, Janet, started with a huge change in behavior/loss of interests, not able to communicate feelings etc. Her dementia was one of routines, hyperactivity, loss of inhibitions, loved to eat cake (sugar), would store it away in beginning , strong will. Now, loss of all balance..I still walk her for 40 min./day a lot of patience and strength (must support or she'll fall forward), like a Parkinson's, she walks a half step at a time. I'm so grateful I have her still . She was my tennis partner, my best friend and my sister in one! Plus, I took her off of in-line skates at 75!! That should have been on "OPRAH" She was amazing blading down hills at 72 years young!

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP OR GUIDANCE YOU MAY HAVE. THE ROAD OF DEMENTIA CAN BE ISOLATING AND CONFUSING. I WOULD LIKE TO HELP OTHERS ONE DAY AVOID WHAT MY FATHER AND I HAD TO EXPERIENCE.[/QUOTE]
aditya is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote