View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 11:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Moi you truly are a gifted writer. Your posts have gotten me out of my lurking period of my life, if only for a brief moment. I usually get my books from friends or libraries, as my son would say "Your the coupon queen", I am pretty thrifty. I would definitely buy a book written by you.

I am so glad you addressed self esteem. I think that when a person has a any condition whether it be temporary or chronic ones self esteem can and is so often effected. As one's ability to adjust to what they can and used to do, their relationship with their family and friends are often effected. If you have had a problem with self esteem in the past, a chronic condition can especially attack your self esteem.

One thing I have noticed in my life, if you have been an A type personality, an overachiever, a people pleaser or obsessive compulsive, your self esteem may be an area that needs looking at. I certainly had to. I have unfortunately had the time to look and deal with it when I got diagnosed with my ms and especially when I finally had to quit work and go on disability.
doxiemama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (08-15-2009), da duck (08-16-2009), Hockey (08-15-2009), Koala77 (08-16-2009), pearl girl (08-15-2009), tamiloo (08-15-2009), who moi (08-15-2009)