View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 12:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Ketamine treatments

sorry that I am writing you back on your message but i can't figure out how to do it differently. When did you have the ketamine treatments. I will have my last in the series in November. I have gotten some relief but not a lot. It did take away the pain in my upper arms and that is at least a relief. They believe I would do better if I had it done in hospital but my ins doesn't pay and are currently refusing to pay for outpatient. I had to pay cash last time I went (fighting that) How did you know you had organ involvement? Thankks for the idea of the Y. I am going to look for the closest to me. I do have a health club but they are really expense. The one use to belong to has no pool. I am trying very hard not to let this define who I am but the constant pain makes it so hard. I don't think that your comment is weird about the prayer. I ask God almost everyday what his plan for giving me RSD can be. I believe it is to teach me or help me or someone close to me with something. I just happened at a time when I was finishing most of what I needed to get done. Raised 3 great kids. Finished my undergrad and grad degree in five years got a great job and then RSD. Don't understand and am very sad about it. I just try to keep praying for answers! Thanks againg for the welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBOWLING View Post
Welcome to NT, sorry you have a need for us.
I have fullbody RSD with organ involment.
I water walk at the Y twice a week and take an exercise class. All in the water you are weightless and there is no pain. I like the cool pool on the days my skin is on fire it cools the burning. I do the classes in the theraputic (spelling ?) pool.
I have tried a lot of meds it took a while to find what worked for me. I tried the out patient Ketamine it didn't work me good luck to you on that.
It's had to not let RSD rule your world. I decided a long time ago I would not allow my life to be defined by this condition.
I have a great group of doctors my Chiropractor is a God send. I pray a lot. I believe my conditon is an answer to prayer (weird I know). I use to be very active in the community and worked a full time job and raise two great kids. I use to pray to God to slow my life down so I could work more for him. He put the breaks on. I have had the opportunity to do some wonderful things. If God brings us to it he will give us what we need to get through it. He tells us that in the Bible and his word is true.
Take care and again I say welcome.
Sherrie
hopeful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (08-15-2009)