Thread: Lupus??
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 03:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicknerd View Post
Hi there,

I too am being monitored for Lupus as I have a positive ANA test--but, my levels are quite low and I was only positive on one of the tests that they use (which apparently, isn't very reliable...why they use it at all, I don't know..lol)...I was tested for Lupus about 5-years ago as I was having joint pains everywhere...5-years later, I still have the joint pains, but guess what? They're not as bad! I haven't seen my rheumy lately because of all this MG stuff that started in the last year, but I'm planning on seeing him again since my thymectomy to see where my antibodies are at...Do you know if any of the other Lupus serological tests were positive? Anti-ds DNA, antiphospholipid, etc? My ds dna antibodies are extremely high, over 200, which is a worry, but since the ANA is low, I don't think it's too bad (maybe?). I also have antithyroid antibodies as well, but normal thyroid levels...

Anyway, even if it IS Lupus causing your hairloss, Lupus is very strange...It can be extremely mild and/or limited to one or two areas of the body, which is annoying, mind you, but at least you'll be comforted in knowing that it doesn't necessarilly 'progress.'

Anyway, here's hoping that whatever's causing the aching and hairloss gets fixed soon!

Nicky
Wow sounds like we have a lot in common with these tests. The only test my primary ran were ANA and antinuclear antibodies. ANA positive and the antinuclear antibodies was high. Not sure how high. And like you, I have a high thyroid antibody but TSH and T4 are normal. So, have they officially said you have Lupus?? I hope you are feeling well and I thank you for your response. Dorothy
Pepe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote