View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 07:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Dear hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
Hi Everyone,
I am new to the site so I will give you a little background. I began my journey with RSD about a year and 1/2 ago. I am not sure what caused it. I had a severe back injury 15 years ago and the doctor thinks it possibly is from that. I also had a stress fracture in my shin last year. Following that I had knee problems for which the ortho dr. gave me a shot of cortisone without an MRI due to the fact that he figured it was a tear in my miniscus and that is how he would treat it with or without the MRI. I am beginning to wonder if the beginning of the RSD was when my knee swelled after the shin fracture. It moved very quickly into both legs, both arms & the right side of my face. They thought maybe it was MS. My brain MRI did show 3 spots of demylination but neuro dr. said it did not look like MS.
He did a small nerve biopsy which was positive. I went for a 2nd opinion with one of the best doctors for RSD and he said that is what I have.
I have some questions I am hoping some of you can answer.
Did anyone else have a positive small nerve neuropathy biopsy?
Any suggestions for the incessant burning in my feet and hands?
On a side note I have tried Neurotin, Tegretol, Lyrica, Lido patches.
I am currently taking Nortriptyline every night, Tramadol PRN, Vicoden PRN.
I am also almost through a series of ketamine (outpatient). It helped my arms and the right side of my face and did take away some of the electric shokes and tremors in my calves.
I saw some people writing about Epsom salt, does that help with the burning feet? I constantly fell like I am standing in a snow storm with frozen feet.
I am trying so hard not to let this take over my life but sometimes I feel like I am losing that battle. I use to exercise 4 or 5 times a week but the doctor now says the only I can do is walk and my feet hurt so bad I can't even get myself to do that. I still am working full time and praying I can keep that up.
Any suggestions or thoughts anyone has for me would be appreciated.
It is just nice to know I am speaking to people who can understand what I am talking about.:Sigh
How do they administer a series of Ketamine treatments??
lexiemae1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (08-15-2009)