View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 08:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Views from Maryland

I'm sorry to say that Dr. Laura Marsh has left Johns Hopkins to become Director of Psychiatry at the large VA hospital in Houston. I last saw her towards the end of July when hubby and I went in to take part in the longitudinal study we've been participating in for ten years.

I haven't heard of this program at UMd either, but I do see a therapist, a PhD in neuropsychology who specializes in PD, at his office in a room right inside a team of neurologists' movement disorder practice. I have mentioned him before on this forum. His website is at http://www.yourparkinsonsfamily.com and was originally intended for partners but... well read Dr. Paul Short's blog and you'll get the idea.

It's my understanding that the OSHU clinic in Portland, OR, in cooperation with the support group structure there, has become a lot more holistic. With Jay Nutt, MD, as director I believe it will become more so. I'm told he's one MDS who Gets It. There are few who even acknowledge the global brain symptoms, much less treat people with any care for their complex predicament. (The previous sentence is the brief version of a long rant. Be glad I deleted the rant.)

Thanks for all the links, everyone. I'll try to get to them soon.

Everybody get your Vitamin D level checked.

Jaye
Jaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cochrankat (08-15-2009), smithclayriley (08-16-2009)