View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBS1951 View Post
Erin, sorry about the knee. That kindle is a miracle isnt it? I think I might get one this year too. You dont miss the hold and feel of a book?
Books are heavy (I've got the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover!! I could use that as ballast to keep a hot air balloon from flying away)

Book pages blow around in the wind when you're outside or if your gym has a hugemongous ceiling fan that creates a breeze in the room.

Kindles weigh something like a few to several ounces (not sure what the specs are) and the pages dont turn unless you click the Next Page button.

Kindles (the Kindle 2, which I dont have...I've got the K1 instead) can also read your book to you (in a computer voice) as long as the publisher wasnt being a jerk and had that functionality turned off for books they publish.

Plus, the Kindle is just too cool. I'm a gadget freak tho. A nerd. I love gadgety things like Kindles.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (08-17-2009)