View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 05:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Just joined the forum

Hello.

It is great to hear that others are in the same or similar positions as I am. Things go up and down for me but over all I am not who I was before my accident almost 2 years ago.

I have been unable to return to work since then and have become the "house manager" and my wife has become the soul bread winner of the family. I did try to go back to work a couple of times but misunderstood things and ended up making mistakes and being asked to leave.

My current problem is more how to deal with others not being able to deal with my PCS. I saw the link to the e-book and will be passing it on to my wife to read. She has reached a very frustrating point and is distancing herself from me. She feels that she is in charge of everything and I only contribute if asked to. I on the other hand have been done my my best to deal with as much as I can. I pay for every hour of work with tiredness that knocks me out for at least an hour or more. Needless to say I am not able to do 100% and lag behind at the end of the day.

I can understand the frustration on her part as she feels that I am not really helping out as much as she would like me to. She on the other side forgets my in ability to give more than I do. If I were in a wheel chair it would be obvious but I am not. When there is no stress one could say that I have not problems but add some concentration/stress/frustration and I become disconnected and have trouble with words and logic, well you all know what I mean.

I am having a hard time coping with my support system taken out from under me and I was looking for suggestions.

A bit long winded I know but that is also part of my problem.
danall is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote