View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 04:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina04 View Post
I started taking Lyrica the end of January. Within about twenty minutes after my first dose I was having slight difficulty breathing, tightness in my chest, and, later, coughing. I continued taking it another couple days hoping the side effects would go away but they were getting worse so I discontinued it. Now, more than four months later, I am still having difficulty breathing and coughing. I am working with a pulmonolgist to find out what's going on. Has anyone else experienced lung problems as a result of taking Lyrica?

I took Lyrica for 2 1/2 mos and quit because of joint and muscle pain associated with it. However, when I started back Triathlon training (after my back pain got better) I noticed a new onset of chest pain/tightness which would cause me to have to stop. It would get better after 1-2 min. but I could only push so hard, otherwise I would have to stop again. My EKG and Chest X-ray were normal. I have NEVER had chest pain with any exercise and not history of heart disease in my family. I am fit and trim and this is totally new. My MD has me scheduled for a nuclear stress test in 2 wks (had one 3 yrs ago because of palpitations and it was all normal). I have always felt it was my lungs, not my heart. Now, after reading these threads and others problems with breathing I feel sure is is my lungs and it is all because of the Lyrica. Unfortunately, it is still quite bad and I quit Lyrica 1 month ago. But note, it is only with exercise that I experience it. Eric G.
jericg59@aol.com is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote