View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 05:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thought #1:
One week before I started getting my MG symptoms I had major flu-like symptoms with high fever. I recovered after one day from the sickness and thought everything was back to normal. After one week I started getting blurry vision and then all the typical MG symptoms.

So...I think the flu(or whatever it was I had) triggered the MG.

Before I got the flu (I am calling it flu) I was strong and healthy and felt great. Too much of a coincidence for this sickness not to somehow be the trigger for my MG.

I have not been sick since getting MG.

Thought #2:
When I was in my 20's I started getting sick a lot, mostly bladder and kidney infections, but also I seemed to get everything that was going around. After at least a year of going to the doctor and the doctor not understanding why I was getting sick so much, he suggested experimenting with my diet. After much documenting of everything I put in or on my body, I found that my problem was a combination of allergies to perfume/cleaners/etc and soda pop. Now that I am mostly chemical free and avoiding bubbly drinks I rarely get sick. At this time I also discovered that vitamin Bs help with avoiding getting sick.

I hope this info helps. Also I am curious if anyone else had a high fever or sickness shortly before their MG symptoms started. I also had high stress in my life at the time when my MG started and I think the stress may have played a part in giving me MG.
DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote