Thread: Heel pain
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Why Hesitate?

I only saw my podiatrist well after I had an onset of a severe neuropathy and had been hospitalized. Podiatrists deal w/folks who have diabetes and other neuropathies ALL the time! It was my own podiatrist's opinion of my 'neuro' at the time that convinced me to get other opinions and it was life-saving to say the least!
They can order foot/shoe insoles that can help you walk better w/o special other 'things' and they DO understand how a person feels when their feet HURT! I know of some folks who have such orthotics who have been helped immensely by them - others not so much.
Think of it this way: Another opinion.... is just that. Another piece of information for you to process and help YOU determine where all the pain is coming from and how it is affecting your life. And, extra input is something one can get that is relatively cheap and easy.
Yes it hurts! But I view it this way? As long as I HURT I can FEEL! It's when you can't FEEL that things can and do get scary! I've been there and back a couple of times and truly understand. Honestly I will take the hurt IF I can feel any day! I've gotten used to the hurt sort of.
So don't give up or give in! Go see docs about this and seek the right answers to questions that you don't know you have yet.. Here is something from the 'stickies' that might be a useful roadmap IF you overcome [or, better yet learn] the 'doc speak': http://www.aafp.org/afp/980215ap/poncelet.html
Happy reading, chill out about it all and then go for it! 's - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote