View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 08:22 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Frown Worried Mom...HELP!

My son did two stints in the Army, the second included a tour in Iraq for 15 months. He suffers TBI from artillery concussions.

He is working at the local VA hospital doing odd jobs to make some kind of income and is also on unemployment.

He called just now to say he blackout this morning while driving and jumped a curb. I tried, by phone, to get him to go to the ER TONIGHT at the VA hospital...he won't go. He is afraid, 1) his auto insurance won't cover the front end damage to his alignment and 2) his drivers license will be taken away...DUH!!

What truly scared me was that after this even this morning he drove nice 11 yr old niece 30 miles to visit relatives and this could have happened again while he was driving 60 miles an hour with her in the car.

He has been told he is having mini seizures...Complex Partials I think they are called.

I need advise as to how to make him get medical care when this happens...within a hour of the event. This time he decided to wait until he get to work at the VA hospital on Monday where he will tell the social worker who oversees in work program.

I am so frustrated.
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller

Last edited by Stitcher; 08-16-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (08-17-2009)