View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 12:13 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Poll Fettuccine and Prawns

Prawns have been selling at bargain prices here lately, and seeing I like them so much.... DH and I have been buying them while they're plentiful and fresh, and cooking lots of different prawn dishes. Because they were so yummy, I thought I'd share a couple of the easier recipes with you.

The ingredients I've quoted you below are for two adults, so you may have to adapt them to suit your own needs.

Fettuccine with Creamy Garlic Prawns
:

Ingredients:
300gm (about half - 3/4 lb) raw prawns ... peeled
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ glass of white wine
½ cup of chopped chives
Cup & 1/4 thickened cream (10 fl oz or 300ml)
Dash of Virgin Olive oil
Salt and ground pepper

~100g of Fettuccine per adult ( a small handful for 2)

Method:
Fill a large saucepan with salted water(salt is optional) and bring to the boil. Add pasta and cook, stirring occassionally. Cook until pasta is al dente (or as soft as you like it).

While the pasta is boiling .....

1. Toss together the prawns, garlic, chopped chives and a touch of salt & pepper.
2. Heat oil in a pan, wait until hot then sear the prawns until they just start to change color, then pour in the white wine and bring to the boil.
3. Remove the prawns from the pan and pour in the cream, boil the sauce until thickened then re-introduce the prawns to the sauce.

You can either serve the pasta and then pour sauce over, or alternatively mix the pasta and the sauce together and then serve. Sprinkle chopped chives over the top and enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fettuccine with Basil & Garlic:

Ingredients:
300gm (half- 3/4 lb) raw prawns ... peeled
8-10 small cherry tomatoes
2-3 tablespoons Virgin Olive oil
100gm (small bottle) of Basil Pesto
2 cloves minced garlic
Parmeson Cheese to garnish
Salt and ground pepper

~100g of Fettuccine per adult...a small handful for 2.

Method:

A. Preheat oven to 450F.(230C). Place tomatoes on an ovenproof tray. Drizzle with a little of the oil. Sprinkle with salt & pepper and roast tomatoes until heated throughout.

B. Fill a large saucepan with salted water(salt is optional) and bring to the boil. Add pasta and cook, stirring occassionally. Cook until pasta is al dente (or as soft as you like it).

1. Heat the remaining oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add garlic and prawns, and saute until garlic is soft and prawns change color.
2. When cooked, drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the water.
3.Toss the pasta with the prawns.
4.Add the Basil pesto, and enough of the reserved water to moisten the pasta so it coats the pasta evenly.
5. Stir in the roasted cherry tomatoes and serve with a garnish of Parmeson cheese.

Last edited by Koala77; 08-17-2009 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Converting from metric
Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
soxmom (08-17-2009)