View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 07:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsfosdick View Post
Hi! I'm so glad to find a place to communicate to other RSD Patients. I developed RSD after an elective foot surgery, & suffered thru bilateral pain, bur, crushing sensations for 5 yrs..always watching the internet, & chasing down the doctors working with the ketamine infusin treatments. I was treated at Drexel Univ by Dr Schwartzman in a 5 day in house infusion, with the pain disappearing after 6hr of the infusion starting. The pain was gone for 9 months, during which time I received the protocal for outpaient boosters from a San Diego MD,anesthesiologist, at his outpatient surgery unit. The good news is that I got him started on setting up this program here on the west coast, and he has set up the billing with insurance companies to have it covered. Yeah!!! I'm sure there are many patients that are ready to try this treatment instead of going on with their high doses of opiods, steroids, epidurals, morphine pumps, back pain stimulators etc...all of which end up failing & causing worse problems. I hope many of you will look into the ketamine infusion success stories..there are many good articles at RSDSA.org. Good luck..I hope I can help anyone!!!858-547-9991...Barb
My wife received ketamine infusions with no relief. As stated it works for some not others. I do believe if one was to elect to receive infusions, earlier the better.
Kaybee, If I were you I'd would have your husband file for social security disability insurance ASAP. If he qualifies you'll have some income and medicare coverage and if he's able to work in the future either full or part time he can, with a reduction in his monthly check.
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote