View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 08:01 AM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alffe View Post

Particularly the need to understand "why" drives survivors to search and review endlessly, hoping to find some logic in the act that will allow their feelings to be tolerated. In extreme cases, the need to find this answer may become an obsessional reoccupation that derails the bereavement process, while all too often death has made this answer inaccessible.

Norman L. Farberow, Ph.D.
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
Lifesavers newsletter
how true...

it's a paradox...because I think for some that commit suicide, to them, that very point of act WAS logical, at least in their heads...

to all the survivors of it, it becomes ILLOGICAL....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wonder if my conversation with Matt would be:

moi: Matt, how could you kill yourself and carve that onto that table?? How can you kill yourself knowing that your mom would be so sad and angry and miss you. Not to mention your friends...don't you know how illogical that was?

Matt: moi, it may be illogical to you, but to me, it made every sense in the world...and you should know, cause you've been there....

moi:.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~

it would be true, because in those moments where I'd come so close....I made PERFECT sense to me...*sigh....

for the room

"you're entering, the

zone..."
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (08-17-2009), Alffe (08-17-2009), barbo (08-18-2009), BJ (08-18-2009), da duck (08-17-2009), Nik-key (08-18-2009), reyn (08-23-2009)