View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 09:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default vaccine

Was there not a report in ~ 1976 linking a vaccine for swine flu to Gilliam Barre syndrome? I should probably not mention this again, but feel compelled to do so: multiple dose vials flu vaccines are preserved with thimerasol, which metabolizes to a couple of elements, ethyl mercury being one of them. Mercury in any form is a known neurotoxin. I am aware of the need for protection from the swine flu for individuals with chronic conditions; just seems counterintuitive to administer a neurotoxin in an injection to individuals who have a neuro disease.

I know there are single dose injections available for regular flu vaccines--surely there must be for the swine flu vaccine. At least with single dose preparations, the amt of thimerasol is truly miniscule in comparison to the multidose vials (babies and young children should receive only single dose preparations, also, IMO; increased need for preservative/antibacterial effect is not present for single dose preparations). Ask your family doc, internist or neurologist for the single dose preparation. Interestingly, our neighborhood Walgreens used single dose preparations for last winter's flu vaccine!

I am aware the CDC does not share my concerns about thimerasol and most physicians feel it is safe as used in vaccines. And yes, my concerns may be misplaced. I still have them....

~ Jean-Martin Charcot

The future is already here — it's just not very evenly distributed. William Gibson
olsen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote