View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 11:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealingwithtos View Post
Hi.

I took Tramadol before my stimulator implant for 1.5 years. I maintained a blood level with taking it every day 2 times a day - afternoon and night. Over time it does have addictive qualities. You can't just stop taking it. I went through withdrawal when I went off of it before my implant.

But, when I was having a bad night after the implant, I know that I tried taking the tramadol and it was like candy. It didn't even touch the pain level.

I'm surprised that they gave that to you without taking it every 4 hours to keep the pain levels at bay.
Hi there,

I also take OpanaER 20 mg x 2(every 12 hrs) with 2400 mg Neurontin, 180 mg Cymbalta, Xanex, Baclafan, HBP meds,Meloxicam,and the Tramadol, 50 mg x 2 every 8 hrs.
The OpanaER is a Substance II narcotic, and is suppose to be 8 to 10 times stronger than morphine. I started having brake through pain and the doc increased the Tramadol. Tramadol is suppose to be good for nerve pain,too.However, when my OpanaER script was delayed, while in AZ, I only had Tramadol as a actual pain med..my PM doc scripted 18 Norco as emergency meds until script for OpanaER was received by pharmacy. Tramadol did NOTHING for the 2 days I was out of the OpanaER. I did get some relief from the Norco. I think Norco should be my break through pain med. I will discuss this matter with the PM doc next time I see him, in Sept.'09.
Thanks for your input

A Positive Attitude Will Assist Me Toward An Active Life, Once Again

WC Injury 03/24/07;Two Right Knee Surgeries on 5/22/07 and 01/16/08. Surgeons and Physical Therapists ignored my concerns of burning pain, swelling, and no improvement and getting worse. Diagnosed RSD/CRPS I/Sympathetically Mediated Pain Syndrome/Chronic Pain on 06/2008 by family doc;on 08/2008 and 12/2008 diagnosis confirmed by two WC PM Doctors: Both legs;hips; hands; and spine effected by this culprit. SSDI granted 01/2009.
Dew58 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote