View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 11:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb97 View Post
Dew,

I have NO idea why they would give you Tramadol in place of Opana or Hydrocodone. That was the first med my doctor gave me when I was diagnosed because he said it was between Tylenol and Darvocet on the scale of potency. He likes to start with the mildest med and move up as needed. He also said it has mild anti-depressant properties, and I was really down and frustrated when my nerve blocks caused the RSD to spread. I still have it becasue it is supposed to work better on nerve pain than some narcotics, but I only take it when the pain is VERY mild. I'm on Neurontin, Cymbalta, and Narco for break through pain (although nothing ever stops the pain ). Don't be surprised that it didn't do anything for you. It's just not very strong. I hope you have the meds you need now and are feeling better.
Hi,

Tramadol was not scripted in place of OpanaER, it was added as a break through med, along with my other cocktail(stated in post above). PM doc put me on OpanaER, as my main pain med, and stopped Lortab. It was only when I started to have break through pain, Tramadol was scripted for me. I know now that Tramadol does not cut my pain when OpanaER is not in my system. I will address this issue with my PM doc in Sept.,'09.

Thanks for you input,

A Positive Attitude Will Assist Me Toward An Active Life, Once Again

WC Injury 03/24/07;Two Right Knee Surgeries on 5/22/07 and 01/16/08. Surgeons and Physical Therapists ignored my concerns of burning pain, swelling, and no improvement and getting worse. Diagnosed RSD/CRPS I/Sympathetically Mediated Pain Syndrome/Chronic Pain on 06/2008 by family doc;on 08/2008 and 12/2008 diagnosis confirmed by two WC PM Doctors: Both legs;hips; hands; and spine effected by this culprit. SSDI granted 01/2009.
Dew58 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote