View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 12:26 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hockey,

Interesting statistic about DAI. I thought DAI was just a common form of PCS. I have not read anything about diagnosing DAI vs PCS. What reports have you found.

Regarding driving. Some states have stricter laws than others. call the DMV and ask them about how your state handles such issues.

I am confused at to why your son is not on a medical retirement from the military. Sounds like he should qualify. Has he applied for SSDI yet? He should give it a try.

Some metropolitan areas have ride assistance to people like your son, If there is a mass transit bus system and such, they are required by ADA to provide door to door service to people like your son.

Here in Idaho, we do not have a bus system so I do not have access to the service. In California, it is very common to find the door to door service. It is often called Paratransit.

Has your son had a rehab therapy using the light board? It is a common driving analysis tool. The flashing lights can also evoke a seizure.

Your son is missing out if he has not asked about seizure medication. If it helps, he could keep driving. If he waits too long and has an accident, meds might not get his drivers license back for years. They usually want you seizure free for a year or so to get your license back after an accident.

I know what he is going through. I had a few sidewalk scares before I fessed up and stopped driving eight years ago. I went to rehab recently and the therapist tried the drivers training car with me. I was fine on quiet streets but was overwhelmed on narrow busy streets.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote