View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 12:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Shocked

"I wrote dr. Schwartzman he said they are not seizures in the traditional fashion it is the rsd corrupting my central nervous system causing these events." by CZZ74

Wow, this is really something! My baby sister, Val (48), has been dx with MS and I have CRPS I. We share many of the same symptoms...and really, if you think about it, the "burning" pain is the same pain. We also take a lot of the same medication. Val has infusions every other day and the heat and walking wears her out. She still works a full time job, and makes herself keep moving as the doc told her that one day she would not be able to comb her own hair

Val had 5 or 6 grand mal seizures(sounds like the name?) before she had the gasteric by-pass surgery. The weight had to come off or she would have died. Before the surgery, she had a cat scan, MRI's,etc., and it was discovered that she was in early stages of MS. The doctor believes it was caused by the seizures, as there is no family history of MS. Val completed the bypass surgery and lost over 170 lbs, and she went from 30 pills a day to none. All of her medical issues went away with the weight.

1 1/2 yrs passed, and she started having the burning pain, the chronic exhaustion, not being able to use her hands or legs very well because of lack of control. It was then that she was dx with full blown MS. Also, the meds she takes has put 80 lbs back on her small frame.

" rsd corrupting my central nervous system", could this be making lesions on the brain, which leads to MS?

I am not trying to scare you with this information. I am so sorry you are having these seizures. Please call upon me should you ever need a friend.

A Positive Attitude Will Assist Me Toward An Active Life, Once Again

WC Injury 03/24/07;Two Right Knee Surgeries on 5/22/07 and 01/16/08. Surgeons and Physical Therapists ignored my concerns of burning pain, swelling, and no improvement and getting worse. Diagnosed RSD/CRPS I/Sympathetically Mediated Pain Syndrome/Chronic Pain on 06/2008 by family doc;on 08/2008 and 12/2008 diagnosis confirmed by two WC PM Doctors: Both legs;hips; hands; and spine effected by this culprit. SSDI granted 01/2009.
Dew58 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fmichael (08-19-2009), loretta (08-17-2009)