Thread: What is OCD?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 10:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

In all the time i have been coming here i never once noticed these posts..
Maybe because i dont look for new posts.I just go to certain threads?
Anyway..I can relate to judylous post alot!!|
My family members have often made fun of me for the things i do..
I also wont touch a public bathroom door w/out paper towel over my hand.I dont even like using my shirt to touch those nasty door handles!!
I dont even like touching the handles on the door where you go into the actual stalls!!
I also make sure i shut the lid when i flush..
I make everyone take their shoes off as soon as they come in the door here.I have always told my kids to wash the school germs off their hands AS SOON as they walk in the door..
I have to put lotion on my hands all day long because i wash my hands waayyy too much!!
I used to work in a diner and i wouldn't eat off the utensils/plates until i soaked them in VERY HOT WATER/bleach and rewashed them myself!!
However while i worked there i was praised for my cleanliness..so i guess it has it upsides there!
My daughter will sometimes come up to me and act like she is gonna rub her hands on me just to freak me out...because she knows i am completely germ phobic!!
I had a friend who used to let her dogs lick her shoes after she came from working at a restaraunt..I thought that was just the most disgusting thing!!
She said i was completely overreacting on that..
If you think about that.It does make sense..You have no idea what is on your shoes...All kinds of bacteria and your gonna let your pet,that you love. eat that?
Not me....
There is plenty more..as i'm sure you can imagine..lol
But i'll just leave it at that...
So i dunno if i am oc or i am just very cautious but there is a little bit about me!
Have a good day everyone...

Kellie

Everybody has problems. Some we create for ourselves, some others create for us. How we react to those problems is up to the individual. Eleanor Roosevelt stated, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." We must control our reaction to our problems or perceptions. Otherwise, they will own you.