View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 05:06 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Thank you all for you replies. My son is 35 yrs old. He is not a kid anymore.

I just got off the phone with him and he isn't going to listen to me or anyone else. He wants for "someone to just fix this. Everyone is making this more than it is."

The only reason he saw a doctor today...and that frustrated him because he never sees the same doctor in the VA clinic (welcome to the VA system)...is because I called the hospital and sought out the Social Worker who is assigned to him and who placed him into a job in the hospital delivering office supplies...he isn't happy about this either, but he can't find a job in the "real" world.

She summoned him to her office and asked him about his weekend, etc. He told her all was fine, nothing happened. Now I can see that I should have given her permission to tell him I called, but I did ask her not to tell him. She did consider the fact that he had an event over the weekend to be "serious" which is why I called her.

I will call her again tomorrow and talk to her again. I told him on the phone just now that I worry that he will have an event while driving and kill himself and/or someone else. His reply, "That isn't going to happen. I know the time of the day that these things happen to me!"

My son is very hardheaded about things and difficult to get through too. I wish I lived back home, but I don't. I moved north three years ago to be closer to my grandchildren. My daughters both moved north about five years ago.

Push come to shove, I may just move back just to try to make him tow the line.
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote