View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 06:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

When I was 4 I sprained my ankle and my mom wasn't strict enough and didn't force me to sit down. As a result, I started walking with my right foot sticking to out 45 or more degrees instead of forward. As I grew, my whole leg grew out like this, so when I put my feet forward my right knee sticks out. This creates an imbalance on the way I walk on my right foot. Everything was fine until when I was 16, when I did the one bunny hop on a diving board before I dived. All of a sudden my right foot really started to hurt. Ever since then, it's been painful, but for four years I didn't pay attention to it because I had some many other, worse pains going on in me (the undiagnosed celiac was excruciating). Instead, I just learned to sort of walk on my toes and heel on my right foot for years. Whenever I walked my toes were scrunched in. I've undone that now that I am taking care of it. I also am doing Pilates to fix the alignment. I did a lot of acupuncture on my foot, which helped a lot, but did not cure it. I also wear expensive (and ugly) running shoes and $30 Superfeet insoles. It's still there and will not go away, despite wearing a stupid foot brace at night. 5 years of this BS.

Anyway, I am taking 100mg of Neurontin twice during the day, which makes me a little spacey when I first take it, but really helps me eat. I thinking I am gaining weight again which I am really happy about, and I am walking around the house barefoot right now. It still bothers me, but it's better, and I expect to go higher when my body can tolerate it. I would really like to try Lyrica though.
OneScrewLoose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote