View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 08:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZZ74 View Post
I think your right Marlene, you really should check it out for yourself- I was just in disbelief RSD could cause this too. thanks for your reply, cz
Hi CZ,
I'm 14 years into RSD,now generalized or full body. I had been having on a regular basis, the electric jolts, shocks, jerks go thru my body and brain. It would be while sound asleep or going to sleep or relaxing in front of TV. My neurologist put me up to 3200 mg. neurotin to get them under control.
One morning, when I woke up and got up, I started stumbling-ran in the wall, door, and got to bathroom and passed out. I remember hitting the floor. My husband was upstairs-when I woke up I couldn't get up, but army crawled to door and banged on it. He said I'd been out an hour to hour and half. lost bladder and colon. He got a robe on me before the paramedics got there. One couldn't find a pulse, I was going in and out. said he thought I was dead. Tried the other side and blood pressure was 60/40. Spent 4 days in semi ICU. Lots of tests RSD . My neurologist said you usually have more. A friend of mine has had 4. I haven't had any more. And I just went off the neurotin january this year. I hated the way it made me feel and the weight gain. Lost 30 lbs and now working on my last 30. It wasn't a gran mal seizure.
I haven't had any more spells.--well a couple small spasms.
Hope this has helped. Take care, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (08-18-2009), Dew58 (08-17-2009), fmichael (08-19-2009), renhenne (12-11-2010), Yukiko1980 (11-16-2010)