Thread: Another Crisis
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 09:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaningin View Post
I've just been discharged from the ICU again. Had 4 plasma pheresis treatments while there. My body took those treatments pretty bad. Chills, fever and horrible pain. During the 4th treatment the pain was so bad they had to stop. They discovered that I had a blood blot and stopped the treatment. So now I've tried Mestinon, IVIG and Plasma Phersis. When the doctors discharged me they said they didn't think they had anything else to offer me other than the steroids I'm taking. I'm weak and shakey and having a lot of trouble breathing. I don't know where to turn or if I should give up. I'm will to try Mestinon again but how do you all handle the gastro-intestinal issues that go with it? I would be grateful for any feedback. I'm scared.

Martha

Martha,
I am so sorry to hear you are having such a hard time with your MG. Have you tried immunosuppressants yet?

Are you able to eat when you take your Mestinon? I always make sure that I take it with food or else it gives my poor stomach fits. Please don't give up. You will make it through this. I will keep you in my prayers.

Shari
Shari_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote