Thread: Rfa?
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 01:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I did; the effects of mine have lasted roughly 18 months. I was quite happy with the outcome, in that the procedure did help quite a bit. One of the RFA procedures was for occipital neuralgia (the high C-spine was nerve nuked - and I don't remember the exact levels without digging out the post-op report); it was also bilateral and multi-level.

For several months, as I mentioned, the major effect of the procedure was that I didn't have daily, horrendous headaches.

The effects, most likely, from RFA will not be permanent, since the nerves will (most probably) regenerate with time. The benefit is that the procedure, if successful or effective in reducing symptoms can be repeated.

Also, when I've had RFA, it de-clawed (lack of a better way to say it right now) my hand; I couldn't get the darn'd thing to open without hours on end of each day passing.

I've had the procedure done on my C-spine and L-spine, each time bilateral, multi-level. It was quite effective for me.

I know it's not the same for everyone, and that's also why it's beneficial that doctors do the diagnostic procedure - to better assess what might be the outcome if going ahead with RFA, etc.

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote