View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 05:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Help Need Help With med speak

Hi all!

I had some X Rays of my right hip, and right knee the other day, and just got the results. The doctor was a bit rushed and tried the best he could to put it in terminology I would understand, but alas I came away with more questions than answers LOL.

Was wondering if anyone here could be of help to me, and put this in some language I can understand.

Quote:
Report: Right hip
There is a larger spur in the superolateral aspect of the acetabulum on the right side without evidence of fracture, dislocation or narrowing of the joint. No soft tissue abnormality.

Summary:
Early hypertrophic change in the superolateral aspect of the acetabulum on the right side; no acute abnormality.

Report: Right knee
There is slight increase in prominence of the intercondylar spines of the tibial plateau associated with irregularity of the posterior patella. No narrowing or cartilaginous calcification.

Summary:
Early anterior and middle compartmental degenerative disease of the right knee.
This is in the RSD leg, and when I was complaining about deep bone pain in the hip and knee is when he ordered the x rays. It doesnt sound real bad, but does sound like the beginings of something that could get worse.

Sure hope someone around here can explain what all this means for me.

Gone Squatchin
allentgamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (08-18-2009), fmichael (08-20-2009)